Diversity & Inclusion
De Forest Search is committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and have several ongoing initiatives to support our clients and colleagues in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion efforts in the workplace that include:
- Hosting a Monthly Webinar series from a variety of experts in the field of DEI (see more information on next Webinar below)
- Opportunity for C-level and HR executives to participate in a monthly peer to peer virtual Mastermind Consortium to share insights, issues, challenges and best practices in a safe and confidential space versus internal team. Consortium will have a nice mix of professionals with expertise in Diversity and Inclusion, Organizational Development, HR Business Partners, Compensation/Pay Equity and HR Law.
- If you have a need for new DEI expertise, De Forest Search has a pulse on current talent nationally on a staff or contract basis. De Forest Search has a robust network of talented and knowledgeable OD Consultants, DEI Coaches and Educators available for a one-off project or an on-going learning program that can tackle one specific area of deficiency or an all-inclusive learning program with online evaluations to ensure that the information is absorbed and applied in their workplace.
- As you endeavor to achieve a diverse balance in your company talent, DFS will provide a mix of highly qualified candidates that includes backgrounds you are seeking to hire.
- Talent Development Partnership with www.Gladeo.org a social enterprise building a more inclusive, equitable and prepared workforce of the future by providing high-quality, culturally-responsive career guidance to anyone, anywhere.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Practice Leader
This month mark’s Gary’s 3rd year at De Forest Search as an Executive Recruiter. While Gary continues to manage clients, his role has expanded to focus on diversity, equity & inclusion efforts (DEI) and corporate cultural excellence. As our DEI initiatives expand at De Forest Search, Gary will work closely with Jill De Forest on our clients’ DEI pipeline development to recruit carefully vetted and qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds to include in our mix of client recommendations on searches with diversity requirements. In addition, we are well organized to implement tracking metrics to measure initiatives across the executive search landscape in alignment with our clients’ goal of building a more inclusive workplace.
Stacey A. Gordon
Leading at the intersection of diversity, inclusion, and workplace culture, as CEO and Chief Diversity Strategist of Rework Work, Stacey focuses on reworking how companies work; including how they inclusively recruit, hire and engage employees, effectively creating inclusion and belonging for all.
In her role as Executive Advisor and Diversity Strategist, she coaches and counsels executive leaders on DEI strategies for the business while offering a no-nonsense approach to education for the broader employee population. Taking a 360-degree of work, Stacey is the creator of the second-highest viewed course at LinkedIn learning and has surpassed the milestone of having reached more than 1 million unique learners. Her unconscious bias course has been translated into at least four languages and has been featured by LinkedIn, Microsoft, and Virgin America (now Alaska Airlines). Stacey is also the author of UNBIAS: Addressing Unconscious Bias at Work, a book that reached #1 on several Amazon New Release lists.
Previously employed as an Adjunct Professor teaching Diversity in Organizations at Phillips Graduate University, she now teaches at Pepperdine University in the Business School where she earned her MBA. Formerly the Director of Education for the largest SHRM affiliate in the country, Stacey earned both her Inclusive Workplace Culture credential and her SHRM Senior Certified Professional certification from the Society for Resource Management (SHRM).
As a globally recognized keynote speaker, leadership consultant and DEI strategist, Stacey has provided subject matter expertise to SHRM, Fast Company, Skillsoft, Forbes, NPR Radio, BBC Radio, and the Association for Talent Development. She was recognized by Pepperdine University as a Top 40 Over 40 Leader, by the Los Angeles Business Journal for her work in Diversity and by Forbes as a Top 3 Business Leader Who Spoke Out About Diversity & Inclusion.
Maria Colacurcio, Our Pay Equity Strategic Partner
CEO, Syndio Solutions
Maria is the CEO of Syndio Solutions. As CEO, Maria is responsible for the company’s vision and strategy for delivering innovative solutions, building an organization of the industry’s most talented people and developing organizational excellence to deliver the highest levels of business value to its customers. Most importantly, she is passionate about issues surrounding equal pay, employee wellness and equity at work.
Recognized as a thought leader in the HRM/HCM industry, Maria is a frequent speaker and author for various organizations, publications and conferences delivering the latest trends and solutions in workplace equality. She is a member of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) – the voice of all things work; and the WorldatWork Organization – the total rewards association.
Prior to joining Syndio, Maria co-founded Smartsheet.com, a work collaboration tool for companies of all sizes. Drawing on more than 20 years of experience in technology and communications at companies including Microsoft, Starbucks and technology start-ups you’ve never heard of, she has a proven track record of building successful companies with strong core values that are dedicated to its people and customers.
She is a mom to seven kiddos and makes sure to talk about family finances at the dinner table.